Sunday, November 07, 2010

Quality Time

Friday night was the last football game of the season for Tate (HALLELUJAH!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!) and as you might can tell, I'm happy about that. I have a husband again. YAY! :) Saturday we went to the Gulf Coast Arts Festival downtown for a little while. There is so much there that I love and would love to buy, unfortunately Rhett and I cannot afford thousands of dollars for art which seemed to be the going rate for most of the pieces I saw. Alas, maybe one day... for now, I shall continue to shop at TJ Maxx! :) Saturday night we went to Rhett parent's house and watched the LSU v. Alabama game (we listened to the Auburn game on the radio earlier in the day...10-0 WDE!). We had fun torturing Rhett's dad, who happens to be a die-hard Alabama fan. Anywho, fun times. Sunday we went to church and then lunch at O'Charley's with my dad. After church we went by my cousin Jackie's house and picked up a toddler slide that her children no longer used. We are so grateful for hand-me-downs! :) Ly LOVES the slide. It's pretty steep and she goes so fast...and loves it! Sunday we also took down the Halloween decorations and put up the Christmas. It just makes sense to me to do it all at one time instead of getting back in the attic and such. Also, I love having Christmas decorations out for a long time, gives us more time to enjoy them! Ly loved all the decorating, especially when it came to the tree! Anywho, here are some pics from our weekend...
PIGTAILS! And yes, she is chewing on my MP3 player... I can't get over how cute they are! :)
Yay for having a slide in our backyard! :)
Not the best quality photo, but here's an action shot of Ly sliding!
Trying to go up the slide part, which did not work well for Ly.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at the Summerford's! :)
Ly helping her daddy with the ornaments...
One of my favorite ornaments...I got this the year I was pregnant with Ly...
She loved handing to the ornaments to me and Rhett...
Another favorite... (from Aunt Jo!) Born to be an Auburn Tiger!
Putting an ornament on the tree... I cannot wait to spend another Christmas season with my sweet family. I am a lucky gal. :)

2 comments:

Miranda said...

I love those action shots of Lyla sliding!!!!!
And I LOVE that y'all have your tree up already. I'm quite jealous. I am trying to talk Kevin into at least getting it down from the attic this next weekend.
Oh, and I think that ornament is just SO cute!!!! Lyla is going to treasure that as she gets older :o)

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

you ARE a lucky gal! You have the sweetest little family, ever! And I love how early you decorate for everything--Halloween, and now Christmas...you are just a festive party girl! ha! I really love you and am missing you so so much today!