
A hurricane/tropical storm in November?! Weird! And sucky! Well, this has caused the school district to close schools for the next two days and my work is going along with the school district so that means no work for Rhett or myself tomorrow. Rhett decided to go hog hunting all night long and he also set it up to where Lyla would spend the night at his parents. I guess he felt bad about leaving me here to stay up with her all night by myself while he was out "having fun"?! Who knows. I'm all for a little break and some sleep although I feel so weird being here at home alone. It's eerie. I'm so use to the hustle and bustle of life, and now it's dead silence. Very sad actually. Anyway, I am going to relax and enjoy this time to myself nonetheless.

Whelp, this weekend was fun! Friday night we went to the Tate Vs. Navarre game. Ly and I of course went with Rhett's parents. We stopped and ate at Outback before going on to the game. Now, I'm usually a huge fan of Outback, but that night it was yuck! Both Rhett's dad and I got caesar side salads and we both took a couple bites of them and looked at each other...I said, "this tastes like a fish"! I was so disgusted. Caesar dressing is made with anchovies, but most of the time you don't even know it. Well not at Outback! I do believe they pride themselves on having the fishiest salad of all time! I almost barfed and I did gag!! It was funny though. Anywho, Tate won but sadly (ha ha...who am I kidding) they did not make the playoffs so next week will be the last game! Boo hoo....

Saturday, we basically spent a lazy day at home. We did put up Christmas decorations (inside) though! We have yet to put up the Christmas tree, not because we didn't want to but just because we didn't have time. Perhaps we will during the hurricane/tropical storm thing. :) Saturday night my dad babysat little Ly so that Rhett and I could have a date night. Rhett and I ate at Coach N Four and it was wayyyy good! Definitely made up for Outback the night before. My Dad did great with Lyla. We are always worried when we leave her with other people, like the nursery at church, my Aunts, or my Dad (other then Rhett's mom) because she is definitely attached to us and hates it when we leave. What can I say?! She loves her Mommy and Daddy! My Dad said she cried some, but when we got there to pick her up (which was about an hour later...we tried to make it quick) she was sound asleep in his arms. It was precious really. My Dad loved it! Success!

Sunday was church, lunch with Rhett's parents at Ruby Tuesdays, and then Ly and I went to hang out with my Dad. I have really been cherishing this time I've gotten to spend with my Dad. I love that he loves Lyla. He really is so good with her! Today we got out Ly's stroller and took a walk up and down my Dad's road because it really was such a beautiful day. I just felt such peace and happiness during that walk. I really am so blessed to have the love of all my family, Rhett, and Lyla. I could not imagine life otherwise. Sunday night is basically the first paragraph of this post. It has been a great weekend! I'm worried about this storm coming, but hopefully it will just be a ton of rain and nothing more serious.
Anywho, that's about it! Everyone in Pensacola and all around where Ida will hit (you too Jo Jo!) stay safe!!!
1 comment:
Hey my heart. So sad that I didn't get to talk to you last night! I will call you next Sunday, hopefully I will get to hear your little voice. I miss you so very much!!!
I love this post, you are the sweetest little mama! I can imagine after the hustle and bustle of having a baby, how strange it must feel to spend an evening alone. You are definitely so blessed with the sweetest little family, and I can't wait to be with you guys so soon!!!! I am really excited beyond words! I love you with all my heart!!
Post a Comment