Happily, a corner has been turned in Lyla's always developing personality. Something has changed about her and it has happened ever so recently. She seems happier and more pleasant these days. Not that she was never those things before, just not nearly as much as now. I'm a believer in being honest, especially on here about being a mother. There have been times when my exhaustion has reached an all time high and all I've wanted to do is pull out my hair and scream (yes, seriously). Working full-time and taking care of Lyla while Rhett's full throttle in football season has not been easy by any means. Especially when Lyla has her moody moments, which could sometimes be in abundance depending on the day. However, something about her personality changed. She is pleasant and happy so often now that I have really noticed this change as being a drastic one. I don't know whether it's her growing up and becoming more independent (which she really is still so dependent on myself and Rhett) or what, but I am loving it! Where I use to stress about her crying, now I simply watch her play and crawl on the floor in complete contentment. It always amazes me how quick a baby's mood/personality/development/etc... can change at the drop of a hat. One day she's rocking back and forth wanting to crawl and the next day she's off, full speed ahead. Watching her grow has been an amazing journey so far and at the same time a sad one. I am honestly stunned that it is November. This year has completely zoomed by. Where in the world did it go? If the next 20 years go by as quickly as this one, then my life will very well have flashed before my eyes. Anywho, enough of my ramblings. I'm off to pick up my little ray of sunshine. Thank you God for her!Tuesday, November 03, 2009
No More Miss Moody
Happily, a corner has been turned in Lyla's always developing personality. Something has changed about her and it has happened ever so recently. She seems happier and more pleasant these days. Not that she was never those things before, just not nearly as much as now. I'm a believer in being honest, especially on here about being a mother. There have been times when my exhaustion has reached an all time high and all I've wanted to do is pull out my hair and scream (yes, seriously). Working full-time and taking care of Lyla while Rhett's full throttle in football season has not been easy by any means. Especially when Lyla has her moody moments, which could sometimes be in abundance depending on the day. However, something about her personality changed. She is pleasant and happy so often now that I have really noticed this change as being a drastic one. I don't know whether it's her growing up and becoming more independent (which she really is still so dependent on myself and Rhett) or what, but I am loving it! Where I use to stress about her crying, now I simply watch her play and crawl on the floor in complete contentment. It always amazes me how quick a baby's mood/personality/development/etc... can change at the drop of a hat. One day she's rocking back and forth wanting to crawl and the next day she's off, full speed ahead. Watching her grow has been an amazing journey so far and at the same time a sad one. I am honestly stunned that it is November. This year has completely zoomed by. Where in the world did it go? If the next 20 years go by as quickly as this one, then my life will very well have flashed before my eyes. Anywho, enough of my ramblings. I'm off to pick up my little ray of sunshine. Thank you God for her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Lyla is so cute in those PJs! I'm glad you tell it like it is! I know I can always come to you with whatever is going on and you will always be real with me. I love that about you!
Post a Comment