Friday night was the very last football game of the season. Okay okay, as I typed that I knew it was a lie. Actually, Friday's game against Crestview (in which Tate killed them 44-14, I think) was the last regular game of the season...this Saturday coming up is the actual last last last football game Tate will play. They are playing a "bowl" game against Northview and I'm pretty sure that all funds raised will go to the Miracle League of Pensacola, so at least their drawing out the football season a little longer for a good cause. :) I'm okay with that.
Saturday Rhett, Ly, and I met my Dad for breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then we went to the craft show at my church. Gosh, I love craft shows!! I did not get anything (I know, shocking), but there was something I saw that sparked my interest and that I really really did want...children's books made out of fabric so that they're extra soft! The only reason I did not splurge and get a ton (hello, they were $10 a pop...that's a lot!) is because I knew that I could make some myself or my Mom could (Hint hint, Mom!)! I know they are probably a lot harder to make then they look, but I am willing to try! Anywho, we had a good time walking around and checking things out. The rest of Saturday was spent at my Dad's. We love going over there because not only do we get to spend good, quality time with my Dad, but we also can spend alot of time outdoors. It is so lovely outside. We walked down to "the back", which is a field down at the end of the road with horses and cows. We showed Lyla what cows looked like and how bad they stink. We had a good ole time. After returning from our walk we went to Wiggles and Giggles, a consignment store that sells baby and toddler items, on Nine Mile Road. My dad got a walker for Lyla to keep at his house and he also got a little ride/push car that is so cute and that Lyla loves! Rhett put Ly on it at the store and pushed her around and I just fell in love and I knew we had to get it. $10! Heck, it was as much as one of those fabric books! Anywho, I have a new love for consignment stores! I will definitely be making more trips to Wiggles and Giggles! That night we ate red beans and rice at my Dad's house and watched some of the Auburn game. Rhett was not a happy camper about that game, let me just leave it at that! :)

Sunday was of course church and then lunch with Rhett's parents at the yummy Chili's. It's so funny how our lives revolve around our families. I love it. There is so much love! Anywho, I'm pretty excited about getting involved in church activities. Let's see, Rhett and I are now Ushers for our church. We Ushered for the first time throughout the month of October. Ly and I go to Wednesday night supper and fellowship every week (Rhett would and will go when football is over). And lastly, Rhett and I are going to be reading scripture and lighting the Advent candles during the service in December. I cannot wait! I keep telling Rhett that I want us to join the choir, but he keeps saying no! I mean, come on, no one can really hear you individually! I enjoy singing, even though I stink, and our choir needs some young folk up there! We shall see if I'll ever convince him. :) Sunday night we had my Dad over for dinner, since he's always cooking for us! It was so very nice to be home visiting with my Dad and Rhett with Lyla crawling around on the floor playing with toys. So pleasant and nice.
Oh and just a little randomness, I feel like I may be losing my mind! Rhett's always the one who loses things...keys, wallet, sunglasses, money, etc...you name it. So, throughout the weekend I kept Rhett's keys in my car cup holder (because that's what we drove around and he has the only house key on his key chain, long story) just in case the garage door wouldn't open (it was acting up) and we'd have a way in the house. Anywho, I made a mental note to remember that his keys were in the cup holder, so I wouldn't forget. Well, come Monday morning I'm getting Lyla ready to go to her Grandmothers for the day, Rhett's getting himself ready for work, he's fixing to walk out the door with Ly, and he asks for his keys....I totally blank. I mean, it was killing me too because I knew I knew where they were, but for the life of me I just couldn't recall the place. Finally, after like a minute of totally racking my brain of every possible place they could be I really did remember they were in my car cup holder. This whole full-time working Mom thing is getting to me. I mean, is that what Dementia, Alzheimer's, or just plain old age feels like? You know you know, but you just can't remember to save your life?! Hmmm...
Sorry for the randomness. :) Have a nice week everyone.
5 comments:
So I seriously laughed out loud about the joining the choir thing. I had a mental picture of you and Rhett standing up in front of the entire congregation and Rhett just staring out, silently yelling at you for getting him into that position in the first place. Anyway, I am so glad to hear that you are doing well and that little Ly is as well. I miss you guys!!! I hope to see you over Thanksgiving next week. Miss you.
If you join the choir, I am SO coming to see you next time I'm in Pensacola! You are always so willing to try new things, and that's just one thing I love about you! I miss you guys so much and cannot believe how big Lyla is getting! PS... I need to see some pictures of Aubbie, soon!
Oh Heather! I bet you can find some patterns online for those fabric books to make yourself. I think I've seen them in like kits, and you sew them and stuff them yourself!! :)
I cant believe you and Rhett are ushers, and now want to join the choir. I love it! You two are so cute! I will have to come see you guys in action when I am home at Christmas. :) I love you so very much, and miss you like crazy!!!
Maybe Rhett can play Jesus in the church Christmas play, grow out a rockin' beard...unless of course, Jesus is a baby (which he usually is at Christmas time, duh), then Lyla can play him :) Although, she is a girl and is obviously not a newborn...ahh, what do I know!
Post a Comment