Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Trip to SC and My 7 Month Old Girl!

What a busy busy week/weekend! Lyla and I took a little trip to South Carolina to visit my mom and Charlie and Lyla turned 7 whole months on Saturday! Friday morning Lyla and I flew to SC. Now, I was incredibly nervous about flying alone with Lyla. However, I was pleasantly surprised when she was so very good on the way up there. She stayed awake and played one flight and slept through the other flight. I, however, was exhausted from hauling her little butt and all our carry on stuff from terminal to terminal. But we made it! We were so excited to see my mom waiting on us at the airport and she was so excited to see us too! Especially little Lyla. My mom and Charlie are just in love with her. We had a fabulous week of fun. We shopped, went out to dinner, cooked out, taught Lyla to wave, took walks around the neighborhood, went to a pumpkin patch, and just basically played at home mostly! The week went by so fast, as it always does when we visit. Now, the flights home were a different story. Actually, I believe I had a different Lyla with me then the one that was on the flights to SC. Lord have mercy did that child scream and cry and make a scene. I vowed I would NEVER fly alone with her again. I know, I know...never say never, I almost cried. That's how bad it was. But, again, we made it home and we were both so so so happy to see our Rhett!! We both missed him incredibly!
Mimi was so excited to feed Lyla her baby food...
A very cool Pumpkin Patch in Conway, SC!

Lyla and Mimi and the Fall setup
My little Ghost on a pumpkin...
Waving!! Mimi taught Lyla to wave!!
Mimi, Lyla, and Mommy!
Mimi playing with Lyla. Mimi realized that it really is hard to try and keep up with that little munchin... :)
Mimi, Pop Pop, and Lyla Grace before going out to dinner at the fabulous Rivertown Bistro! Rhett was so sad that he missed it, it's one of his favorite restaurants ever!
My cutie...
So very sad to say goodbye...
Lyla and I on the plane ride home....before she went all exorcist on me.
My little Lyla is 7 whole months old!!! I cannot even believe it! Time surely does fly when you have a little one crawling all over the place. She really is the love and light of our lives. We truly are blessed and so appreciative to have her.
Her "football" pose... Daddy's idea. Obviously.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! We're so excited to go Trick-0r-Treating!!!
BOO!!!

I could not fit all the pics on here, as usual, so here's a link to the rest of the pics:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2072888&id=50101047&l=7ed1c43ce6

4 comments:

Mrs. J Manny said...

heather, it looks like you guys had SO much fun! Im glad you had a safe flight! I love that picture of ya'll on the plane =) she is SO VERY mobile. isnt it just crazy?!?!? I cant wait til her and Kennedy get to play again since now they both move around lots! She is just gets more and more beautiful. I love how sweet she looks in that last picture in her boo shirt. She sure does have lots of Halloween clothes. I mean where in the world are you getting all that stuff. I think I found KP like two outfits! I hope she has fun trick or treating!

Kimberly Cox said...

You should win a award for the plane ride home. You are so brave to do it by yourself! Im glad yall had a great trip. Lyla is so beautiful and she is getting so big! I love the hat she is wearing from gymboree..Savannah has that hat too and ia wearing the matching pants today! Hope yall have fun trick or treating! :)

Jo said...

You crack me up with all your Halloween outfits... but I can't make fun of you, because Brant has 6 Christmas outfits, and he may not even have time to wear them all if they induce on the 21st! Anyway, I'm SO glad your trip went well, even if she was a little crazy on the plane ride home. She was just so sad to say good-bye, huh?! I love you guys!

michellelivingston said...

Great pictures heather! You can tell Lyla is a very loved little girl. That picture of you guys on the airplane is so cute! She is going to be the cutest little tiger. I cant wait to see more pics.