Saturday, October 10, 2009

Concerns

Right this very minute, I'm sitting on my back porch enjoying a nice breeze and the company of my kitties. I choose to be out here because my husband is inside watching the Auburn vs. Arkansas game and well, things are not looking good for Auburn. Anywho, as the title of the post states, I have a couple concerns on my mind here lately.
(1) Definitely my biggest worry, and as stupid as it may be, is whether or not Lyla should get the H1N1 vaccine at her next doctor's visit (Oct. 30th). I am just so undecided! I have heard positive and negative views about the shot and I just don't know. I'll bet you're thinking, "Why don't you ask your doctor"? Well, I have and she's all for it, but I'd like to know the pros and cons of something before I have it injected into my baby's thigh. So, all you mommies out there (or heck, anyone who knows anything or has an opinion)...what do you think? Is anyone else concerned or am I just being dumb?
(2) In an earlier post I said that Lyla and I are flying to see my Mom and Charlie here in a couple Fridays, which I am so so so excited about! However, I will admit that I am a little scared to fly with Lyla all by myself! Rhett has football and of course can not go. So it'll just be me and little Lyla. I know if she goes ballistic on the plane there's nothing I can do and everyone else on the plane will just have to get over it, but I'd like to prevent that going ballistic part from happening...
Anywho, these are just a couple of my many worries...oh to be a mother! :)

4 comments:

Miranda said...

Hey girl! I completely understand you concerns about H1N1 and the vaccine. I was in the same perdiciment as you, but we are definitely opting out of the vaccine... and changning pediatricians ASAP! I will tell you about that in a more fitting forum (email or by phone). You have to do what you think is right for Lyla and you're a great mom so I know you will. A great person to get info from is Tara Lewis. She sent me a bunch of info about the flu and swine flu vaccine. I have read both sides and I have decided that, heaven forbid J get the swine flu, I would rather her body fight it naturally with the immune system God gave her. I know what happens to the body when you get the flu. I would HATE to see what kind of unpredictable response she could have from having some man made thing pumped into her little body. That is just my opinion based on what I have head and read. You have to do what is best for Lyla and not let anyone (a doctor included) make you feel bad for your decision. Give me a call and I will let you know what's going on if you want to know!
~M

Kimberly Cox said...

Im glad you posted this. I would love to know as well what other moms are thinking. I can say we have a doctor friend that advised against it. Saying that it wasnt tested enough and its just like infecting yourself with the virus. Im going to do ALOT more research before I decide.

Heather said...

I really don't think we're going to have Lyla get the vaccine. I know Rhett is against it and we've talked about it alot, so we'll just have to research it more I suppose. I've heard (from actual people that have had the H1N1 virus) that the strand that us here now is actually not as bad as the seasonal flue. I know it could affect babies who have weaker immune systems differently of course, but i'd rather not pump the virus in her body when it hasn't been tested properly. Lots to think about! It just stinks! Miranda, I will definitely call you one afternoon this week to hear about your change in Pediatricians. I bet I can understand why...

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

It can't be a bad idea to wait and see how it affects everyone else and just make sure u keep lyla protected from getting it as much as possible! Then, if it turns out okay...give it to her later. I'm kind of glad that Charleigh isn't old enough for it yet, so we get some more time to watch :)