Friday night I went with Rhett's parents to the Tate playoff football game over in Ft Walton. One of the main reasons I love football season so much (surprise, surprise...it's not because of the actual football game) is because I get to spend alot of one on one time with Rhett's parents. Every Friday night (and alot of Thursdays too) they'd pick me up, we'd go out to eat, and then head off to the game to support the boys (Rhett and Wes). I just love my inlaws, they are so sweet. Anywho, so this Friday night we went to Olive Garden and then headed to Ft Walton, but not before stopping at Dip N Dots in Navarre! =) Dip N Dots, Dip N Dots!! They are my favorite! Even on nights when it's like 30 something degrees! I know, I'm crazy! Unfortunately, Tate did not win against Ft Walton, so alas, their season is over. Now, I am very supportive of Rhett and and I would have been happy if they'd won (for Rhett), but I can't help but be happy that football season is over and I can finally get my husband back!!Saturday my crazy little Jo Jo drove all the way over from NO just so we could watch Twilight together, which we are both obsessed with!! Jo got here around lunch time so we ate us some good ole Smokeys, then went to the movie (all decked out in our Twilight shirts, of course!), then we went to Hobby Lobby so little Jo could load up on Christmas decorations (I got a couple goodies too!), and finally we ended up at Vallartas for some fabulous food and margaritas (don't worry, not me. I just watched Jo with envy). After our fun day, we went back home to relax a little. We tried to play the Super Nintendo, but sadly our SNES has played it's last game. Jo and I were a little disappointed because we both love MarioKart on the Super Nintendo! I guess we'll never know who would have kicked whose butt! =) So after that small disappointment, Jo and I (and Lyla) decided to make a late night run to Krispy Kreme. MMmmm...Hot Doughnuts. That will make any girl happy!! So, back to Twilight!! Twilight was awesome! Jo and I were definitely satisfied and left wanting more! It had variations from the book, but that was to be expected so that they could cram all of it into one movie! Now I just can't wait for the next book in the series to come out on the big screen!!
Sunday, before Jo left we went to one of the greatest places on earth....Target, where we proceeded to buy some baby clothes and more Christmas stuff!! Oh, girl time is so much fun and something that I definitely cherish.
This Thursday is Thanksgiving and I am so excited to see all our family and eat all the amazing food!! Rhett and I definitely have a lot to be thankful for this year. Since it is Thanksgiving and a time to be thankful, I decided to make a list of the things I am most thankful for:
- My sweet husband for loving me despite all my flaws. I know that I don't deserve him, but I am so thankful that he chose me.
- Lyla, sweet Lyla. I am so thankful for the opportunity we have to be parent's to her. She is definitely a gift that will never be taken for granted.
- Our little pets. At times they can drive me bonkers, but they definitely brighten each and every one of my days. Our house would feel so empty without them.
- Our families for all the love and support they give us. Rhett and I would not be where and who we are today without them.
- My great and amazing girl friends. Girl time with my closest friends is something I cherish and am so grateful for. Even though our lives may be going in a million different directions, it's comforting to know that I will always have that support system no matter what.
- And finally, Kristi comes home in 12 days!! I'm pretty darn thankful that!


1 comment:
I am definitely so thankful for you this Thanksgiving week!! God has blessed us with an incredible friendship over all these long years!!! I just miss you, and cant believe that next weekend we will be together!!
ps-I am soo happy you and Jo Jo had so much fun last weekend, you two were certainly adorable in your little t-shirts!
Post a Comment