Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Silence is golden...

Peace and quiet is no longer in the Summerford household...my little Lulu is in heat. We tried to hold out as long as possible to get her spayed (because, well...it ain't cheap) and now, we regret not breaking down and taking her sooner. You haven't heard a horrible noise until you've heard a female cat in heat. I had to break down and buy ear plugs just so I could sleep. Such is life. However, the good news is she does get spayed Jan. 31st!! YAY! Only 9 more days of hell....
Anywho, I have more to write about besides my cat moaning all day and night....I have a very yummy recipe for anyone who wants to try something new! My sweet little husband loves to try and invent new recipes and he just came up with this one a couple weeks ago. I love it so much that I want him to cook it all the time now!! Soooo, Bon Appetite!!

Breaded Italian Chicken Breast:

You will need:
  • Boneless Chicken Breasts (we usually eat one a piece)
  • 1 package of Saltine crackers
  • 1/4 cup of butter
  • 1 bottle of Zesty Italian Dressing
  • Baking pan large enough to hold all your chicken

Directions:

  • Pour Italian dressing over chicken breasts (in a container) and marinate for at least 30 minutes
  • Preheat oven to 325
  • Line baking pan with tin foil
  • Crunch up Saltines as small as you can (enough to batter the amount of chicken breasts you are cooking)
  • Melt the 1/4 cup of butter
  • Take chicken breasts out from marinade, dip in melted butter, then cover with crushed up Saltines
  • Pour the Italian dressing used to marinate the chicken breasts in the bottom of the baking pan just enough to cover the bottom of the baking pan
  • Place the battered chicken breasts in baking pan and pour the remaining saltine crumbs (if there is a ton left don't over due it, just pour what you think is enough) over the chicken
  • Cook for 1 hour

2 comments:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

I can attest to the fact that the breaded italian chicken is YUMMY!!! BR is indeed the best little chef in the world. He does come up with really fun ideas. I love you SO much and miss YOU!

Jo said...

Aww, poor Lulu just wants to get some action! Can you blame her???

I think Copper and I are going to have to make another trip to see you and try this yummy recipe! And if he's a good boy, I might even bring Justin this time!