This weekend was fabulous!! Kristi and Jo came in town for Jo Jo's first ever Bridal Shower, so that set up for a much needed girls weekend! Friday afternoon we helped Jo with her very secret wedding gift for Justin. Very hush hush. Friday night we went out to eat at O'Charley's with the coolest photographers ever Rae and Wes!! And of course Avery! I'm going to steal Avery! However, I think she only had eyes for Ruco! Watch out Kristi!!
If you're wondering what little Avery is gazing at so lovingly, well that would be Ruco.
What a cutie!!
Saturday we went to Jo's Bridal Shower that was thrown by her Aunt Debbie. The shower was very very nice and of course I loved the yummy food! Jo got lots of very nice things (mostly kitchen gadgets which she and Justin will of course need). After little Jo Jo's shower, Jo, Kristi, Ruco, and I went to pick up Jo's other wedding gift that she could not open at the shower....a Bassett Hound puppy!! There were three Bassett pups that were so adorable...Jo picked out one and Kristi picked out one to take when she visited little Jillo next weekend! I love Bassett pups...and let me just tell you it took some mighty strong will power on my part not to get the third puppy. Oh well, I suppose I will have to wait until we build our fence. Copper and Fred are adorable and I know they are lucky puppies to be going to live with Jo and Jill! Saturday night we went to Applebees (or Applehell as Jo calls it) and gorged on food again! I swear, I almost ate myself into a coma this weekend. We had fun sitting and chatting and waiting for our server to join in the conversation!! Ha ha! Good times! =)
Jo and her box of Splenda! Just kidding...her beautiful flatware set was in there!
Little Fred Manny!
Little Copper Varnum!
Jo and her son!
They thought Aubbie was their mommy...for a little while at least!
Dinner at Applebees! Yummy!
My heart and I
Jo and I would be sooo excited if Ruco and Kristi decided to stay in the US of A. However, Kristi would be a very sad girl!
Ohhh, I'm going to miss moments like these!!
Sunday we went to Bagelheads so Jo could say goodbye to Kristi because she won't see her again for 2 whole years! Then we all said good bye to little Jo Jo and Copper so they could head home to Tampa! Later that afternoon Kristi, Ruco, Rhett, and I went to see Cloverfield, which I liked but I was thoroughly confused as to why it was named Cloverfield. Anywho, if anyone has seen the movie and knows why it was named that, then please, enlighten me. The rest of Sunday was spent relaxing at home and trying to stay warm!! I am so very happy because I don't have to work tomorrow! I get to stay in my nice, warm bed and sleep and sleep and sleep (nudge nudge, Jo)!
Life is of course not all sunshine and rainbows....Kristi and Ruco will be leaving for Africa for good in two weeks and I don't think I have completely processed it yet. It makes me too sad every time I really think about. I know that my friendship with Kristi won't change, but our surroundings and the stage we will be in in our lives will. The thought of not sharing the important moments of major life events (ex. babies) saddens my heart, so I guess it's settled...I will HAVE to save up and visit her in The Gambia. And that's that.
BFF!!
3 comments:
OK, I am loving this post!!! I guess you WILL just have to come visit me in Gambia!!! I think I would never let you go and you would just have to live in Africa with me and the meerkats! haha! This weekend was soooo much fun!! I cant believe Ruco and I are leaving 2 weeks from today. I just feel like I cant get enough time with you to hold me over for two years. I will truly miss you everyday!
Thanks for letting me stay over this weekend and for being such a great hostess for me and little Jo Jo! I love you so much!!!
PS-I also looove all your pictures, especially the ones of little Avery. I wanted to kidnap her too! I dont think she would mind too much the way she was batting those eyes at Ruco! haha!
I agree, this weekend really was SO MUCH FUN. I can honestly say that it's a weekend I will never forget! I just had such a wonderful time, and I feel so blessed to have such amazing friends who were so supportive of everything I did this weekend and just so much fun! I really love you so much, Heather, and you were such a good hostess to me and little Copper! I really am sorry about the poop in Wesley's room, haha!
Awwwww - this is my favorite post!! Maybe it's because my cute baby and I are in it or maybe it's because that cute Copper is in it!! I don't know which! I am so glad we got to spend time with ya'll! And, boy did Avery have eyes for Ruco??!?! Mrs. Van der Merwe better watch out!!
Post a Comment