Sunday, May 01, 2016

Long Time No Post

Hello!

We are alive over here... I promise!  The last time I posted was, wow, at the beginning of the school year... last August.  Whoa.  Since my last post, we went through my favorite time of the year, Fall!  We had an awesomely fun Halloween!  Ly was Rapunzel and Max was Mickey Mouse.  Rhett and I also went to a cool haunted house, Nightmare Chambers.  That was our second year in a row doing it and I think it may become a tradition. :)
After Halloween was Thanksgiving.  We went over to my Aunt Nancy and Uncle Alan's for a Smith Family Thanksgiving!  That weekend, we also went to Atlanta with Rhett's parents.  We went to the Aquarium and also enjoyed some great food there as well.  I experienced my first trip to The Cheesecake Factory and wow, their cheesecake IS amazing.
The family picture below is one we used for our Christmas cards. :)
After Thanksgiving was Christmas.  We went to alot of fun Christmas activities throughout the season, saw Santa Claus at Walmart and also at our church Christmas party, and drove around and looked at Christmas lights several times.  After Christmas, we went to visit Mimi and Pop Pop in South Carolina and spent an entire week with them.  
After all the Christmas fun and visits, 2016 was upon us!  Lyla was half-way through 1st grade and flourishing!  It's amazing how fast kiddos learn!  She's reading and writing and adding and subtracting!  It's just nuts.  She is a smart girl who always wants to do her best.  Maxie has been in potty training mode pretty much since the beginning of the New Year.  He's getting better and better, but it's real slow going.  He likes to potty and get a mini-marshmallow.  Hopefully by the time I post next, he'll be potty trained. ;-)  For Valentines, Rhett took me to my favorite restaurant, The Melting Pot.  Chocolate fondue is where it's at!  Ly turned 7 (WHAT!) and we always love celebrating her each and every year.  We've done a lot of fun stuff this year.  We've been to two zoos (The Gulf Breeze Zoo and The Gulf Shores Zoo), we went to a Dinosaur Expo in Mobile, we've been to a beach condo in Panama City, we went to an Indian Pow Wow in Atmore... and lots more I can't even think of.  I want to try and give our kids a lot of fun memories.  Since Rhett and I do work full-time, the weekends are out time with the kiddos to make amazing memories.  I know we are doing a great job too because the other day Ly said, "I love our weekends!  We always do fun stuff"!  Now, along with fun stuff we also do normal stuff too...like grocery shop, take naps, clean house, do laundry, etc. :)  So, now it's May and the last month of school.  I cannot believe it's almost Summer break.  These years are flying by now, but I have been enjoying the ride.  It's definitely hectic with two kiddos... but I will always treasure the memories that we make.  

Spring pics of the kiddos below... :)



Until next time! XOXO

No comments: