Sunday, March 31, 2013

Ly's 4th Birthday in N'awlins!

We celebrated Ly's 4th Birthday in New Orleans!   We had such a fun, fun time!  We went to the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas and the Audubon Zoo.  She loved both!  Her favorite thing at the aquarium were probably the penguins and her favorite thing at the zoo were the alligators, strangely enough.  We ate a lot of fabulous food too!  Oh my!  The trip was worth it simply because of the food!  We ate breakfast one day at Cafe Du Monde and the other day at Mother's Restaurant.  Both were delicious.  I got a t-shirt from Cafe Du Monde.  :)  Other meals were at Daisy Dukes and Deanie's, both of which had some pretty tasty seafood.  Here are a bunch of pics from our trip.

Daddy and Lyla in the mouth of jaws!   AHHHHHH! 
 A great place to pose for a pic!
 Cafe Du Monde!  Ly's watching the beignet process go down.
 Dinner with The Varnums!  So happy they were able to meet us at Deanie's!  We had such a great time catching up!
 Jo and I with our babies (both in our arms AND bellies)!!!  She's prego too!  :)
 Rhett eating his all-you-can-eat crawfish!  We found out Lyla is a fan of crawfish too!  She loves spicy food!
 The ZOO!!!!   This zoo is so very beautiful! 
 Our favorite part of the zoo, The Louisiana Swamp!  Ly loved the gators and they had quite a few to look at.  Such a fun day!
 Elephants!!! 
Rhett's parents were able to come as well, and I am so thankful they were able to see Lyla enjoy the zoo and aquarium in person.  I can't believe my little baby is a little girl.  She's not a baby, she's not even a toddler anymore!  She's for real, a little girl.  I love watching her grow.  I am so thankful God gave her to us and gave us the opportunity to be her parents.  We are so blessed.

No comments: