Saturday, February 11, 2012

Life and Love

Well, I'm really stinking at updating my blog lately... I know this is a cop-out, but seriously, I feel like life is flying by and I'm just not finding the time to upload photos or update the blog. However, I love looking back at the older posts and reading about, oh... Ly's birth, so I know that I need to keep this up so I can remember these moments. I shall try.
Anywho, a few things have happened since my last post. I got another promotion! Yep, 2 in less than 5 months. Awesomeness! And yes, I will brag about that. I work my boo-tay off for my family so I deserve this! :) My job is definitely challenging, but I love the opportunities I have there so for that I am blessed and thankful. Oh, and we booked our first family Disney trip!!! I am so so so excited about this! Beyond excited actually! When Ly was born we said we wanted to take her to Disney when she was 3 and before we have another child. I want to cherish this time with just her! We're staying a week and I already have an itinerary made and everything! Hey, it's Disney! You have to be prepared! Let's see, what else...potty training is still a work-in-progress. We're doing good during the days, but we have yet to maintain it through the night. When she is ready, it'll happen. I just pray that it's before Kindergarten. HA! That's a joke...sord of.
So, on to the events of this weekend! We didn't really do anything too out of the ordinary or special, but I took pictures so that's pretty out of the ordinary I suppose. Hence why I'm updating. I decided to take some pictures of our little animals...
Our little Aubbie.

And Hallow.

And Libby.

Tonight was our annual Valentine's dinner at church. We had a third wheel on our "date night". Take a guess who that was... :) That's okay, we love her more than anything in the world so it's ok that she tagged along. Not to mention she's a favorite with everyone at church so they all loved seeing her too!

My family before heading to church!

My love and I! We're working on 5 years of marriage (June 30th is our anniversary)! Boy, has time flown! He really is such a sweet husband with a sweet heart. I have never, ever doubted his love for me. I am a lucky woman. :)For dinner we had salad, steak, baked potato, and a roll. And for dessert...oh! Our church did so good with the desserts! It was so adorable! Everyone got a "sample plate" of cute little desserts! There was eclair pudding, a heart shaped cake, and a chocolate covered strawberry. Needless to say, at the end of the night we were stuffed! Here's our little date chilling watching Go Diego Go on my iPhone! What in the world did our parents do without these things when we were little???



My dad and his girlfriend Kathie. She's from Boston and has the most adorable accent! She makes my dad happy, which makes me happy. :)

And my grandparents! They've been married for, I believe they said, 58 years! WHOA!!!! Can you even imagine?

And that, my friends, is all. I'm trying to think if there's anything else going on or coming up... Hmm, can't think of anything. Oh, I know! LIFE!!! Man, seriously, I know I said it earlier, but life is just flying by like the blink of an eye. Lyla's growing up way too fast and I feel like the years are flying by even quicker than that. It's kind of sad actually. I'm really trying to make myself enjoy all the little moments in life. Like, when I want to take a nap...I'm telling myself, no! Take Ly to the park or spend time with Rhett. Oh, but there are those weekend afternoons when Ly says, "Mommy, I want to go night night with you"...so me and my gal lay on the bed and take a long afternoon nap. Those are moments to be cherished too. :)

2 comments:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Thanks for updating, love! You inspired me. I miss writing too and am really going to try better with the blogging thing. you are right, it is also SO nice to look back on all those old memories and reflect. I miss you my heart!!!

Nicole said...

We are going to Disney too!!! Can't wait to hear about your trip there!!