Wow, it's been so long since I last updated I forgot my Blogger password. Took a few wrong entries...but here I am! Ready to update! :) I don't even know really where to begin...so I just thought I'd update about each one of us...Lyla: Lyla is growing up so fast and she's getting so big! Gone are the days of having a "baby" girl. She is a little girl and wants to be treated as such! She is very independent. She wants to dress herself, wash herself, feed herself (of course!), and also "help" Mommy and Daddy if possible. She helps us alot actually. She loves to feed the animals. She'll put Daddy's shoes by the front door for Mommy. She'll "fold" her clothes. Basically, she's Mommy's little helper. As far as her communication skills, well, those are coming along swimmingly! She repeats everything (and I do mean everything) we say. She asks questions and tells us about her day. I absolutely love this age. I can actually have a conversation with her now! HA! She can count to 10 all by herself, however for some unknown reasons she ALWAYS skips 7. So weird! We have not figured out why yet... Anywho, we are working on the ABCs, but I know she's smart whether she can recite a sonnet or not. Let's see, OH YES! I think our little Princess we'll be quit the sports lover. She loves playing ball (basically throwing the ball back and forth for hours!) and her favorite thing ever is to go to football games. Oh Lordy, she loves to dance to the music the band plays, yell with the cheerleaders, and jump up and down with Mommy when something really good happens in the game! Her Daddy is so proud of her! And I am too. Also, Lyla is still sleeping in her big girl bed wonderfully. She's done so great with it! Our nightly routine is bath (either a shower with me or Rhett or sometimes she'll choose an actual bath in her tub), reading at least three books to her before bed (I say at least because she always wants more, go figure!), kissing her on her precious forehead, and then saying good night. To wrap up, she's a "big" girl now. I have mixed feelings about that. I'm so excited at all the fun stuff ahead (ballet or gymnastics classes, soccer, t-ball, DISNEY), but then again...I am also very sad that I no longer have a little baby that I can just sit and snuggle with for hours upon hours. She would never allow that! She does, however, give me the sweetest kisses and say, "I love you too Mommy". MELT. MY. HEART!
Rhett: Oh my sweet, sweet husband has been so busy with football. Lordy. Every weekday he doesn't get home until around 7 and then Thursdays and Fridays it's after midnight (at least)! Saturdays are family days and Sunday afternoons are coaching meetings. Needless to say, he is a busy man. But he really does help so much when he is here which I am so thankful for. Sometimes I just have to say, "can you please give her a bath and put her to bed tonight?" and he'll do it, no complaints. I am truly so thankful for him. His football team (West Florida High School Jaguars!) are doing so great! They never won to a city team (Escambia, Washington, Pine Forest, Tate, PHS) before and now they've already beat two! Whoo hoo! I want him to succeed in his passion so bad! I want nothing more than for him to fulfill his dream and become a Head Football Coach. And if that means that Ly and I will spend some nights at home by ourselves and every Thursday and Friday night we'll be in the stands cheering, well then so be it.
Me: Hmm, well this is almost embarrassing. I'll be honest. I don't do much besides working full-time and being a Mommy. After all that, there's not much time for anything else. I'm completely happy with the way my life is. I have a loving husband. An awesome daughter. A good job. Supportive parents. Amazing in laws. Meaningful friendships. I'm healthy. I cannot complain. I'm actually proud of myself. In the past, this time of the year was always really hard on me, what with Rhett being gone so much. But this year, I don't know...something's changed. I'm more relaxed. I'm okay with everything. Lyla and I don't just sit at home and mope, nope! We go get ice cream! Hang at the mall! Meet friends for dinner! Play in the pool! I am determined to live life to the fullest and for Lyla to know that her Mommy and Daddy love her more than anything in the world!
Mm, K. That's all the updates I've got. Tonight is, what else? A football game! At our old stomping ground Tate! It will be odd cheering on the other side of the stadium, but whatever. I'm fairly sure I'll get over it. :) Anywho, here are a bunch of random pictures over the past few weeks!
Lyla loves dress up...and yes, where sunglasses for hours upon hours inside of the house and saying, "look at me, look at me" while waving "creepy" fingers counts as dress up.
Our helper....Holding Aubbie's ear so they don't hang all in the food and get messy. :)
Helping Mommy make some pretty delicious cupcakes!
See! They're cooking! :)
Sprinkles...check! I will say that she was not happy when I told her she had to wait until AFTER dinner to have one.... We're just a couple of Auburn fans! 17-0 isn't luck! WAR EAGLE! :)
HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS! Yes, I already decorated for Halloween. I love Halloween and I will enjoy it for as long as possible. Lyla loves the Halloween decorations too! A girl after my own heart! <3
HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS! Yes, I already decorated for Halloween. I love Halloween and I will enjoy it for as long as possible. Lyla loves the Halloween decorations too! A girl after my own heart! <3
Lyla and Hallow... I guess this is a good opportunity to tell a funny story. Hallow is a kitten and she scratches alot. Duh! Kittens do that. Hallow's scratched us all a couple of times, not on purpose of course. But it's so funny because every time Ly sees a "boo boo" on me or Rhett, or even herself for that matter...she'll say, "Hallow did that"? It cracks us up because alot of times Hallow (and Libby) get blamed for "boo boos" that they didn't do. HA!


2 comments:
Aww I LOVE your cute fam!! :) And that first pic of Lyla in those sunglasses had me cracking up at work! She is such a doll!!! :)
And I of course love your kitties!! :) They look like they are such good friends, and I can tell they both LOVE Lyla!! :) Thats just too cute!!
I'm decorating for Halloween this weekend! ;)
I'm so glad you updated! Ly's glasses are just priceless. What a fun little personality!!! And you know I love the Halloween decorations! Fall is finally here, yay!
Post a Comment