Sunday, April 10, 2011

Make Our Garden Grow

Oh we had a fun weekend! Friday night we went to the Santa Rosa County Fair in Milton and had a good ole time! Anybody who knows me knows I love fairs and well, there just happened to be one going on this weekend. Lyla rode a big green slide with Rhett and myself 3 times! And we looked at wild animals and got to pet tame animals like rabbits, chicks, and guinea pigs. Anywho, I have a video of Ly and Rhett riding the big green slide on Lyla's Blog Page. You can't see her face and she wasn't necessarily smiling on the way down, but when she got off she'd say, "more, more, more"! So we took that as she liked the slide. :) Saturday morning we planted a small garden! That's something Rhett and I have both wanted to do for some time now. It was very inexpensive (like $18 for all the seeds and plants that we wanted) and hopefully, it will pay off in a couple months! We planted carrots, potatoes, onions, cucumbers, tomatoes, and cantaloupe. The picture above is the start of the garden. Lyla and I had a good ole time watching Daddy plant stuff! :) And oh my Lord, Rhett is determined to get chickens. He even started building a chicken coupe outside (next to the garden with extra wood we had in the garage). I guess chickens wouldn't be so bad, I was worried about the noise...but roosters are the ones that make all the racket and well, we just want hens and eggs! :)
I love that squinched up smile!
That Daddy, he's a hard worker! :)

Saturday night we met Kristi, her mom, and TD for dinner at a hibachi restaurant in Gulf Breeze! I was so happy to get to see Kristi, even if only for a couple hours! :)

These boots were made for walking....
Such fun! We were all laughing hysterically because at one point during the meal, the chef wanted everyone to catch a piece of cucumber in their mouths. And well, not everyone was very good at it. Myself included! HA! And Kristi had a few tossed her way! :)
Aunt Kristi and shy little Lyla...
I love and miss Kristi so much! It really really sucks that we live on opposite sides of the US!! Fo real!
Sunday we're just relaxing. We went to The Oar House for lunch and now Rhett's working on his chicken coupe. I'll let y'all know how that goes....

2 comments:

Jo said...

That is awesome! I so want to grow veggies, but I do not want to do all the work! Having chickens and eggs is so neat! Although I hope they don't chase little Ly around!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

It does stink that we live on opposite sides of the US of A! I had a great time with you this weekend though. I am thankful for any time I can get with you!!! :) I love that we had Japanese for BOTH meals we had together! We are some sushi/hibachi/bento box lovin' girls! And I love that you guys made a little veggie garden! We kept one in the Gambia, Uganda, and now we have one here. I only helped with the one in the Gambia. haha. I am such a slacker.
Anyway, I love and miss you with ALL my heart!!!