Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Our 1 Year Old

It's been awhile since I last posted. Here's why... Rhett and I have been playing Call of Duty 2: Modern Warfare 4 online. We have wireless internet, but it's messed up and we just have never figured out how to fix it. So, we use a cable cord to get internet. Well, that cord has been plugged into the PS3 for forever now and I am just too lazy to unplug from there and plug it into the computer. Especially when I have my iPhone at my fingertips. So there you have it! I'm lazy. That's the jist of it.
However, I am making a special effort today because... it's LYLA'S 1st BIRTHDAY!! One year ago they cut her out of me (sounds fantastic huh?!) and I have never been happier in my life! We have definitely had some exhausting days and nights over the past year, but she has just been such a ray of light in our lives. Whenever I am down all she needs to do is crawl over to me, pull up, and say "mamma" and my day is made. When I look at her adorable face I always think to myself that I don't deserve her. I am so lucky to her Mom. She cries when I walk out of the room and I just love knowing that she loves me that much.
Anywho, here's what's going on with Ly at 1 year old... She is so big! Well, not really that big. At her doctor's appointment today we found out that she weighs 22 lbs and that she's 30 inches long. Mrs. Sophia (Ly's P.A.) said that Ly is in the 80th percentile for height and 60th for weight. So she's still pretty little I guess, but above average nonetheless. Anywho, everything's looking good and she's coming along with all her developmental milestones. She points, claps, and waves, she stands by herself, she feeds herself and holds her own bottle, she says mamma and knows that that's me.... she's just not walking yet! I had hoped that she'd be walking by her 1st birthday party so she could run around and play, but I have learned to never put expectations on what your child could/should do. Lyla loves when we sing BINGO and If Your Happy And You Know It. She loves the clapping part. Basically, she's at an age where she is so much fun! She wanders around the house by herself (with safety precautions of course) and she just loves to get into everything. I have a feeling that I'm really going to be in trouble when she starts walking.
Okay, let's start the pictures with an oldie...here I am with my precious girl 1 year ago! It is amazing how much she's changed!
Okay, now on with the current pictures of our 1 year old!
"Pushing" her Daddy! She's so strong! :)
So so so so sweet! The view doesn't get any better than this! At least to me! The loves of my life...
My sweet girl...
She loves to roll around on the floor...
In her big girl carseat on the way to her 1 year checkup!
Opening a present from her Mimi and Pop Pop!
YAY for toys! Although she could really care less what she gets...
Me and my sweet 1 year old! Where has the time gone?!
Starting to eat her birthday cupcake from J's Bakery!
Mmm Mmm good!
She loved the icing, that was her favorite part! Here she is with her Mommy and Daddy! We love her so much!
Soooo, that's all the pics! :) I am so excited about her birthday party this weekend! :)
Anywho, I shall post pics and such from her birthday party hopefully Sunday!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you updated. I've been checking here recently and have found nothing :( But I must say - if you're playing COD, then I totally understand. I know I've told you, but Nathan has me totally hooked on that game as well!! Glad to see you are doing well and that Lyla's 1st Birthday was a hit!!! Miss ya.

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

I love the progression of photos to see how little Lyla has grown! She is such a cutie patootie, and I can't believe she is already a year old! I can't wait to get home and celebrate with her! Maybe she will be walking by the time she gets to celebrate her 1st bday with Auntie Kristi! ;)

Love and miss you guys very, very much!