Sunday, March 28, 2010

Ly's Birthday Party!

Lyla's 1st birthday party was this Saturday and it turned out great! I will say that party planning is not my thing, it's stressful, and we will probably be doing Ly's next parties at Chuck-e-Cheese or Gymboree! :) But with that said, I was very pleased with the way everything turned out and how everything came together! We are so very thankful for all the wonderful people that came and for all the presents Ly got! Here are a TON of pics from the fun day!

Here are Ly's invites! We went with a Ladybug theme since that's basically what we've been doing since (before) she was born.... (I bleeped out my Dad's address for all you psychos out there)!
Here's her birthday banner that I made. That sucker took me forever! I TOTALLY underestimated how hard those things were to make. :)
Where the presents went...
Some more decor (notice the trash can, that was my Dad's idea!)...
We went crazy with the streamers and balloons! :)
Decorations outside...
The "Welcome" sign! :)
My Dad found these ladybugs at Hobby Lobby, put magnets on the back, and put them on the front door! I thought they were adorable!
The utensil holders...
The cups. And yes, I drew black dots on every single one of those suckers! :)
Me and the Birthday girl!
The dessert table...
Ly's birthday cake and smash cake! Notice the little goober in the background! She has changed so much from the day she was born!
FOOD!! We had fruit salad, Smokey's baked beans and cole slaw, Walmart fried chicken, and dinner rolls! Yes, we are Southern! :)
The Birthday girl! PS. I made her shirt too!
Everyone eating outside!
Christi and Charleigh and me and Ly!
Cayden, Ly's cute little boyfriend!
Wondering what the heck to do with her smash cake!
Well, it looks like she ate a lot but in reality she was not having any of it! I don't know why?! She loved the cupcake from J's Bakery! I think she was just ready for her nap!
Ly and Charleigh!! They are about 6 months apart! Such pretty little girls! :)
Me and Ly cleaning up! She loved the clean up part of the party! HA!
Lyla and her Daddy!
This is Ly's car that her Grandparents got her (Rhett's Mom and Dad) so basically, this is all our cars! :) Ly's is the pink one....
If I said she loved the little pink car that'd be an understatement! She did not want to get out of the thing! :)

2 comments:

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

YEA! You did an AMAZING job decorating! I am so impressed! It really looks like you put a lot of work into the party...and it turned out perfectly! I know it will make Ly feel so special when she looks back years from now at the photos!
You are such a cute little mom. I really wish I could have been there...

I love you and miss you tons!!!!

Jo said...

Heather, it seriously looks amazing. I am heading to the post office today to mail Ly's present... sorry it is so late! You are such a great party planner... even if it isn't your thing, you are definitely talented!!!! Also, I love the picture of her cake and newborn picture with her pulled up on the door in the background. How incredible to see how much she has changed! I love you and your Lyla bug so much!