Sunday, November 18, 2007

It's THAT time of year!

Ho Ho Ho!! It's almost Christmas time!!! Rhett and I were so excited that we went ahead and decoarted for Christmas!! We put our lights up outside and all our fun Christmas decor out inside!! I was so very excited to get our first Christmas tree ever!! Rhett was dead set on getting a real one so I gave in and said okay (even though I've always had a fake tree, that right there is compromise!). We decided to get an 8 footer because our real tree holder stand thing said it could hold trees up to 8 feet so we thought, why not go big? Yehhh, when we finally got our tree inside we realized just how big our little 8 footer was. I felt like the Griswalds (speaking of which I love National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation)!!! We couldn't put it where we originally wanted to because it touched the ceiling! Anywho, we made it work and decorated it and everything! Now we just have to water it every single day and we have to keep my little devil kitties out of it. I love Christmas time!!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Our GINORMOUS Christmas tree!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
BR putting up Christmas lights!

This weekend was a blast! Besides getting our Christmas tree we did alot of other fun stuff. Friday night was a playoff football game at Pace, so being married to Rhett, you know we had to go and watch that. Saturday night we played Bunco at Melissa and Nate's house! Now, we went not knowing how to play Bunco, but by the end of the night we were having so much fun and I ended up winning!!! YAYYYY! Rhett was sad because he didn't win anything, but I said "it's okay honey...cause you're married to a winner"!! Sunday, Rhett and I went to the Renaissance Fair over in Mobile. Go ahead and make fun!! We got to watch knights joust and we ate huge turkey legs (which ended up not being so yummy) and drank homeade rootbeer (yumm). I absolutely LOVE themed things, so of course I love going to different festivals and such around the area! Anywho, Thanksgiving's this week! YAY for that! Happy Thanksgiving week everyone!
PS. Kristi getting "elfed" was so cute and hilarious, so I did one as well!! I couldn't help myself! Soooo....wacth Rhett, my brother, Aubbie and myself get ELFED!!

2 comments:

Jo said...

First of all, I love your elf thing! Jesse is HILARIOUS! hahahaha Second of all, your Christmas tree is so beautiful. I bet your house is just so adorable decorated for the holidays!!! Be sure to take lots and lots of pictures for me to see! I love you so much!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

Awww, you are the cutest little wife! I love the picture of you and Rhett by the tree! It looks so pretty!! Your elf thing is so funny as well, I love Jesse too! Hes just the funniest boy. I miss you,and I love you with my whole heart!!!