Saturday, June 09, 2007

I'm getting a little nervous...

Soooo...3 weeks from today Rhett and I are getting married. I'll admit, when I think about it (which is quite often), I get a little nervous. Not about the marrying Rhett part...I know with all my heart he is the one for me, but about the walking-down-the-isle-and-hoping-everything-will-go-perfectly part. I know that not everything will be perfect, but Rhett's dad told us from the beginning that no matter how our wedding turns out...it will perfect to us. I think he's right, or at least I'm hoping he is. Anywho, AHHHH! I have so much to do and my head is about to explode with all the ideas and tasks ahead of me! Well, Thursday night was our shower at the church. Alot of sweet ladies from the church attended and it turned out to be awesome! We got alot of stuff (4 freakin' cake holders!!) and ate alot of fun finger food. My mom sent down a present for me and Rhett to open at the shower...she got us that Roomba Discovery Robot, has anyone ever heard of one of those?? It's so neat, it's perfect for me because it's a vacuum cleaner that goes around and vacuums by itself! WHAT WHAT! Ha ha...whoever invented that must have had a lazy wife/husband or something. Anywho, we shall see how it works. Anywho, Rhett was adorable at the shower...he was the only male in a room of about 20 women. He handled it pretty well and he helped pass out cake to all the ladies, all of which said he was a keeper and that I had him trained well. Boy, if they only knew!! Here are some pics from the shower!! Have a great rest of the weekend and week!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Me and my Grammy

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The pretty flower arrangement with a pic of me and Rhett. PS, I gave the picture to them to use and I got it developed at Walgreens and I enhanced it made it brighter....bad idea! We both look orange in the picture now!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The finger food table! Yumm!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The very yummy cake from Sam's Club! They make good cakes...who knew??!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My cousin Karen, my Aunt Val, and Rhett's mom!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Okay, there's a funny story behind this picture. This is a picture that I zoomed in and took from a picture that was mounted in my church fellowship hall. Well, Rhett's dad use to go to my church when he was little and we were looking at this picture (it was a group shot of the entire congregation at the time) and I SWEAR this is Rhett's dad when he was little! It looks just like Rhett when he was young! Look at the ears!!!!!!!!!! Anywho, we don't know if it's really him or not. I guess we could ask. =)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
He's so cute.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Pretty much everyone...look closely and you might see the goofy face Rhett's making.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Rhett servin' the cake!!! He was such a good little cake server!

AND FINALLY....
a picture that has nothing to do with our shower or this post....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Mimi in a plastic bag!!! She really does just love them!

4 comments:

taralohse said...

Hi Heather,
I am coming home in a little over a week, so just know that I will be there to help you with anything you need concerning your wedding. Ask Kristi i really love to help. See you soon

The Leys said...

HAHAHAH I dont know what I like most about this blog, mimi in the bag or Rhett's face.... but Im so glad your shower was fun :) I love the pic of Rhett's dad!!!!! Call me, cause I have all the time in the world to help!!!!!! And Im just so excited!!!!! I'm going to make the box one night this week, so let me know what colors you want! I'm thinking gold and white? In only 20 days, you're going to be HEATHER SUMMERFORD ahhhhh that's crazy!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!

Kristi Van Der Merwe said...

hi my heart, I am sooo sad THIS was the day I had to have my teeth yanked from my little mouth!! I was just a little emotional that I missed the shower, I just didnt want to miss anything! haha! I love you with all my heart and can not wait to see you walk down the aisle..

Jo said...

Heather, in just 3 little weeks you are going to be at the coolest hotel ever with your sweet hubby! I know you can make it through the next few weeks! I can't wait to be there with you. I just got my itinerary in the mail, and I am so excited! I love you so much!