Well, Rhett and I just experienced our first wedding shower Friday night and we had soooo much fun! I was beginning to think this wedding planning stuff was for the birds. It was nothing but stress, but now....we're getting to the good stuff. I started to see that the fun stuff makes all the stress that goes along with it worth it. Anywho, our first shower was a couples shower and it was a cowboy/cowgirl themed! Everyone dressed up in their best cowboy/cowgirl attire, which for most people consisted of wearing a plaid shirt and boots. Ohhhh, but not for Rhett's friends, they went ALL out. They all wore wranglers, cowboy hats, boots, and even belt buckles!! It was hilarious!! The shower took place at Rhett's mom's friend's beach house. Okay, so this house was absolutely gorgeous! It overlooked the water and basically I just wanted to live there (Kristi had the same idea)! For dinner we all ate Billy Bob's BBQ which was catered and it was sooo yummy! After eating Rhett and I opened presents and we got a ton of stuff that we definitely need when we move into our new house. YAY! We have nothing so everything we get helps! I really really can't wait until my bachelorette party because it's close enough to my wedding that everyone who lives OOT will hopefully be in town so they can come! Double YAY! Rhett and I were talking about our fastly approaching wedding on the way home from the shower and we are definitely getting more and more excited with each day that passes. But we both agreed that without friends and family, the people that we love most in the world, our wedding day would not be nearly as special. Soooo....to all our friends and family, just know that we love and appreciate you. That's all! Everyone have a great rest of the weekend!! Here are some pics from the wedding shower:
Me and Rhett all dressed up before the shower!

Getting ready to open presents!

Some of those boxes were hard to open! =)

I let Rhett open a couple...

Rhett's friends chatting on the couch.

I think they were going for the bank robber look.

You can tell who the sweet one is...Wes didn't know it wasn't okay to smile.

They had alot of fun with the bandanas!

They are definitely COWBOYS!

Rhett and his friend "crazy" RJ =)

Me and my heart!

I wanted to put my foot up like Jo did in her picture!! =)
AND FINALLY....

MIMI! She was getting ready to pounce the camera!
4 comments:
THAT PICTURE OF MIMI IS HILAAAAAARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you1
we had a BLAST at the shower heather!! It was sooo much fun, and i did definately want to LIVE at that beach house! I love all the pictures of rhetts friends, those are priceless! I love you sooo much and am so grateful to be a part of you and rhetts wedding celebration! You know ill be at all the showers with bells on, i love those things!
Hi Heather, That shower looked like so much fun, I think that i am going to be in town for your wedding! Yeah so i cant wait to see you as beautiful bride.
Heather, it looks like your shower was SO much fun! I just love you and wish I could have been there so much! Yeehaw!
Post a Comment