After bath, Maxie and Ly get their PJs on. Ly's a big girl and can do this all on her own now. I lay out her pajamas and panties and she'll go in her and put them on all by herself. She then picks a book from her bookshelf and takes it in to Max's room so that Daddy can read to both her and Max. Sometimes I'll read to Lyla or sometimes Rhett will read to both of them. It just depends. We have a routine down where I get Ly to bed and Rhett gets Max to bed, and well, it just works. :)
After the book is read, Lyla will go lay in her bed and I will turn on her TV for her to watch until she falls asleep. She will usually pick a movie from our collection to watch. She's ALWAYS asleep before the end of the movie. While Ly is in bed watching her movie, Max is getting his night, night bottle from Daddy. Then we lay him in his crib (awake) with his friends and he goes right to sleep. Sleep training him was the BEST thing ever. It may not work for some, but man, it worked for us. Basically, we try and have the kids in bed by 7:00 or a little after. I love this schedule because it gives Mommy and Daddy some kid-free time. :)
Max's crib with all his friends waiting for him. If you'll notice, the pink Glow Worm in there...that's from Lyla. Lyla gave Maxie hers when he was just a little baby. She's such a sweet, caring big sister.
And finally, just a couple of pictures of our newest addition, Biscuit. He's always close by when we are doing anything so he is also a part of our daily, night time routine.

No comments:
Post a Comment