It sure is a busy time of year! We've been on the go practically every night this week and I am one exhausted girl. Howver, I wouldn't have it any other way! Everything we've been busy doing has been fun! Last night, Rhett and I went Christmas shopping and man, it is nuts out there! People are crazy during the Holidays are they not? And today we did a little more Christmas shopping and grocery shopping too. Lyla loves to go to Target (popcorn!) and Walmart. Me, I love Target and hate Walmart! The pic of Lyla is her searching the Christmas candy aisle. I was watching her to see what she liked so I could get a couple things for her stocking. :)She loves to help push (or pull in this case) the cart...
Oh, and ride on Daddy's shoulders too!
My sweet little girl finally sitting where children are supposed to go! And as you can see, it was right when we were checking out! HA! She loves to either sit in the big part of the cart or walk...and walking for her is more like running, grabbing stuff, and throwing in the cart. Yep. She keeps her Mommy and Daddy are their toes. :)
While at the store, I got cookie stuff and promised Ly we'd make Christmas cookies! And I am a Mommy true to my word! We had a good time decorating those cookies (and eating them)!
And finally, I saw this project on Pinterest and thought, "Man that looks easy! I'm going to do that"! Yeh, so not as easy as the step-by-step directions made it look! You're supposed to print the picture on tissue paper. Well, I guess our printer sucks because it was just sucking up and ripping that tissue paper to shreds! No matter how hard we tried to make it work, it just didn't! HA! So we ended up just printing it on regular old paper. The mod podge made it look a little better once I stuck it on to the canvas, but I'm sure it would have looked a lot better with the tissue paper. Oh well. :) It was fun to try! We have extra canvas' so I'm thinking Ly and I may have a painting project coming up reaaaaal soon!
And finally, I saw this project on Pinterest and thought, "Man that looks easy! I'm going to do that"! Yeh, so not as easy as the step-by-step directions made it look! You're supposed to print the picture on tissue paper. Well, I guess our printer sucks because it was just sucking up and ripping that tissue paper to shreds! No matter how hard we tried to make it work, it just didn't! HA! So we ended up just printing it on regular old paper. The mod podge made it look a little better once I stuck it on to the canvas, but I'm sure it would have looked a lot better with the tissue paper. Oh well. :) It was fun to try! We have extra canvas' so I'm thinking Ly and I may have a painting project coming up reaaaaal soon!

2 comments:
Heather - My friend made these for her family for Christmas. She said she had to tape the tissue paper onto construction paper for it to go through the printer correctly. Not sure if you tried that route or not.
- Melissa
p.s. we'll be home in less than 2 weeks!! Can't wait to hang with neighbor friends again :)
Aww, you are such a fun family! I love you guys! And Ly looks so adorable dressed up in her snowman outfit! Don't you just love dressing them up for Christmas and doing such fun stuff with them? I love you!
Post a Comment